In support of Kadir Has University’s dedication to academic excellence, our mission is to provide the best in writing support to all undergraduate and graduate students, faculty members and university staff. Writing is a process of discovery and learning, about both ourselves and the world around us, and we believe that achieving excellence in writing is the key not only to a successful career but also personal development. In achieving our own goals, the team at the Kadir Has University writing center holds to the principles of mutual respect, equality and academic rigor.
The Khas Writing Center cannot and will not:
- Simply correct your mistakes and proofread your writing.
The Khas Writing Center can and will:
- Help you improve your writing by pointing out where you are having grammatical difficulties, so that you learn how to find and correct your own mistakes;
- Through one-on-one tutorials, help you build confidence with your knowledge of sentence-building, paragraph writing and essay organization;
- Help you improve your understanding and usage of academic English; and,
- Provide writing support for your CVs, applications and cover letters as you set out for studies abroad or prepare to launch your career.
Where are we:
The Writing Center is at the Cibali Campus, B Block, first floor, far right hand corner in room B 220.
Teoman has worked in some of the best universities and schools in Turkey and Britain as an administrator and teacher of English, Academic English, Academic Writing and Creative Writing for over 20 years. He is also an experienced editor, translator and proofreader. He has worked as an oral and writing examiner for Cambridge University writing and speaking exams such as CAT, PET and IELTS. Teoman has a BSc Hons. in Microbiology & Virology from the University of Warwick, UK, an MA in Online and Distance Education from the Institute of Educational Technology, Open University, UK. He received his RSA CELTA from Anglia College, Cambridge. and has a Diploma in Online and Distance Education from the Open University, UK. He has also taken courses in Instructional Design at the University of Delaware, USA and Digital Film and Documentary Production at the Tisch School of Arts at NYU, USA.
Teoman Türeli - Director